Below are some of the key achievements from the past year:
- We advised 21,523 households across Northern Ireland on saving energy.
- We referred 3483 customers to a range of existing energy programmes
- 100% of customers evaluated were satisfied with the advice provided and would recommend our service.
- 160 schools visited throughout Northern Ireland
- 8,090 pupils availed of the education programme throughout the year.
- 100% of schools evaluated said that our service was Good or Excellent
- 100% of schools evaluated would use the service again
Oil Buying Club scheme
- We managed 27 oil clubs across NI with 4196 members
- We facilitated 7594 individual oil orders
- We coordinated the delivery of just under 3 million litres of oil
- We negotiated on behalf of the members an overall saving of £85,551 on oil prices (7.5% saving)
- We advised 6,301 NIHE tenants in their homes on budgeting and energy efficiency
- We managed the Cosy Homes Schemes for Power NI which provided 499 heating grants and insulation grants for Housing Association tenants.
- We provided comprehensive benefit entitlement and energy advice support to 108 households.
- We provided 719 Home Safety, Security and Minor Repairs works to vulnerable households
- We successfully renewed our 3 key management system accreditations for another 3 years. These are systems for Quality ISO 9001:2015, Environment ISO 14001:2015; and Health and Safety OHSAS 18001:2007.
- We commissioned and launched two papers demonstrating our Whole House Solution approach; a research document and a scheme evaluation report
Social Impact Results
Evaluation of our key stakeholders summarised that 100% of stakeholders reported that we were good or higher, with one commenting that ‘As a social enterprise, Bryson Energy are fixed in delivering real change.’
We provided 719 home safety, security and minor repairs work to vulnerable households, of which 91% reported feeling safer and 95% noted an increase to their confidence and independence in and around their home.
36% of households involved with our Benefits Assessment scheme were identified as being entitled to additional benefits, averaging £36.75 extra per week.
We continued to service and maintain our 70 biomass boilers which were provided free to vulnerable households. It is estimated that the boilers will save 480 tonnes of carbon per year.
As part of our commitment to our Whole House Solution approach, we commissioned and launched two papers demonstrating this approach; a research document and a scheme evaluation report
We invested in the development of a new website. Since launching in mid Jan, 91 Oil Club member application requests were received of which 56 have become members.